Under normal circumstances, it is best to refresh your website every three to five years or so. However, the Covid-19 pandemic forever changed the concept of “normal circumstances.” While there are a few basic essentials for refreshing your website, Covid-19 forced businesses and consumers to rely more heavily on online, virtual capabilities that were once handled face to face. That means there has never been a better time to make sure you are getting the most out of your website.
What should you look at?
- Is Your Landing Page Cluttered? A word of caution. If you try to cram everything you possibly can onto your landing page, especially the area above the fold (that area that is first visible on your visitor’s full computer screen or mobile phone), your visitor will get frustrated and leave your site. You should never include your company history, mission, values, pictures of your founders, etc., in the area above the fold. While these may be important, they are not the reason a prospective client is visiting your site. The following are the only items that should appear on your landing page above the fold:
- Organization Name
- Page Tabs
- What You Do/Your Offer (Make it as concise as possible)
- How What You Do Benefits Your Visitor
- Strong Call to Action such as, Buy Now, Make an Appointment, Get a Quote, Call Now. (Avoid weak calls to action such as, Learn More or Request Information).
- Are The Steps to Take to Work With You Clear and Concise? Try to limit the number of steps to three or four at the most.
And make those steps as simple as possible. More than four steps or what appears to be a complicated process will run off your visitors.
- Are You Taking Advantage of Online Automation Technology? There are lots of online options available.
Those online options include:
If your site is more than three years old --or if you just aren’t sure your site is performing as it should, it may be time to consider an overhaul. At Standout Arts we offer a free, no obligation analysis of your website to make sure your website is providing you with the maximum benefit and is taking full advantage of online automation technology. Message us and we'll be happy to help!